Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Change of heart.

A couple weeks ago I posted what I called positive Catholic news about Nicole Kidman completing the annulment process, so that she could get remarried in the Church. I have been thinking about this lately, and decided I would like to print a retraction.

I am always happy when anyone makes extra effort to show their love for the Church, but when I think about some of Kidman's characters, I wonder how truly Catholic she is. Only God can judge her heart, but when I compare this example of her devotion to Catholicism with the characters she played in Cold Mountain (Rated R for violence and sexuality) or even worse Eyes Wide Shut (Rated R for strong sexual content, nudity, language) I wonder what message is she really trying to send?

What do you think? Does what an actor does in the real world overshadow what she does in the fake screen world?

Another example would be Jessica Simpson's public dedication to saving her virginity for marriage, because of her Christian faith, compared to the way she carries herself in her "work."

No comments: