Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Baptism Attire.

One of my wife's favorite pastimes currently is walking through the infant sections of stores. Because of this I claim to be pretty up-to-date on what's goin' down in the baby fashion world. My wife is constantly trying to tell me that if we have a boy it should wear a bonnet, but I have authoritatively nixed that. Now, I am a little foggy when it comes to the details of my own baptism, but I am pretty sure that I did wear some kind of gown. When you walk through the infant section of stores though, all you see for male baptisms are little white tuxedos. Is this a new trend or have I been sleeping when it comes to baptism attire? Again my wife thinks these tuxes are the cutest things in the world, but I can't quite see it. They seem plain silly to me.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? What is the consensus on baptism tuxes among our faithful readers?

No comments: