Friday, July 28, 2006

We're married!

On May 27th, my fiancee Meta became my wife Meta, and now we are living very happily in Buffalo, NY. It's called the "City of Good Neighbors," and it has certainly proved itself to be so. My beloved and I have enjoyed the hospitality of many neighbors, family and friends since we moved in, and I am sure that we will look back on our summer by Lake Erie as a time of great blessings.

I find myself to be so changed, and yet, still so very much the same person I was before we took our vows of lifelong fidelity. This ring on my finger, once so difficult to get used to, such an annoyance, has now become so comfortable I keep thinking I've lost it when it's right there on my finger. The Lord is indeed a good God, a God whose Mercy must always remember Justice, and whose Justice always remembers Mercy. He has been both Merciful and Just to me, but in this time of sweetness at the beginning of our lives together, Meta and I both think mostly of his Mercy.

No comments: