Sunday, August 13, 2006

“Get up and eat, else the journey will be too long for you!”

I found the first reading at mass today to be very inspiring, especially for me as a young married man. My wife and I, while relatively poor and struggling with the pressures of our new life together, are in a remarkably blessed and easy state of life. We have simple needs and wants, no children to love and care for (yet), and a strong bond of love. While listening to this passage from Kings, it struck me that this will certainly not always be the case, hopefully the children part particularly. There is a special grace given to persons during any quiet time in their life, a grace of mending, strengthing, and healing; so that we can be ready for the tasks ahead of us. I hope I don't waste the graces or the time.

No comments: